Women-Led Businesses are encouraged to apply for the RevUp Women Initiative 2023.
The RevUp Women Initiative is an African enterprise development program for early-stage women-led enterprises.
It is intended to help these enterprises grow into lucrative and sustainable ventures that can encourage job development on the continent.
Through enterprise development training, mentorship, peer-to-peer learning, and access to capital, the initiative strives to promote gender equality and inclusive economic growth.
The Visa Foundation is funding this cohort.
AfriLabs is inviting women-led enterprises from around Africa to apply for this cohort of the initiative.
In this cohort, 500 entrepreneurs will go through a rigorous training and mentoring session, and ten (10), one (1) will be chosen in each pilot city to be financed by the program.
RevUp Women Initiative 2023 Benefits
- Access to high-quality female mentors across Africa.
- 10 business owners will be selected to be funded with $10,000 following the Catalytic Africa guidelines.
- Access to additional funding opportunities for participants and a network of funders across Africa.
- Access to the AfriLabs network.
RevUp Women Initiative 2023 Eligibility
Open to early-stage women-led businesses across Africa. These businesses must meet the following criteria before applying
- At least 51 per cent owned by a woman;
- Be led by a woman;
- Be located in any of these cities in Africa:
- Nigeria – Lagos, Abuja
- South Africa – Johannesburg, Cape Town
- Cameroon – Douala, Yaounde
- Kenya – Nairobi, Kisumu
- Democratic Republic of Congo- Kinshasa, Lubumbashi
- Have an already existing service or product;
- Have evidence of sales of existing services or product;
- Have an existing business model;
- Registered and incorporated in the country of operation;
- Be operational for at least 6 months;
- Be able to dedicate 8 weeks to an intense hybrid training and mentoring session.
Deadline: July 14, 2023