Who we are
EHA Clinics is a world-class comprehensive health care service provider located in Nigeria.
We aim to bridge the gap between patients and healthcare services in any setting: the clinic, the home, or through innovative online and mobile solutions.
All of our clinics are equipped with the latest healthcare technologies, and the most dedicated team of healthcare professionals, providing a unique range of patient-centric services.
- Medical Services
- Research and Informatics
- Laboratory & Diagnostics
- Community Health (REACH Program)
- Telehealth and Telemedicine
EHA Clinics Kano is the first primary healthcare clinic in sub-Saharan Africa to be accredited by JCI for ambulatory care. And its laboratory has been awarded the ISO certification by SANAS ISO 15189/2012.
Purpose of the position
The Research Project Manager will plan and implement various research activities and projects at EHA Clinics under the direction of the Program Manager and the Chief Innovation Officer. S/he will manage the research team members and liaise with various stakeholders for the successful completion of research projects.
What you’ll do
The Research Project Manager will support EHA Clinics research department predominantly to
- Ensure that all research projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Manage a team of research associates, field staff, and clinical staff to successfully execute research projects.
- Actively monitor the performance of team members to ensure they meet deliverables and deadlines.
- Meet with funders and investigators to prepare research implementation plans and provide project updates. Provide project updates to other stakeholders as required.
- Identify risks, develop and implement plans to mitigate those risks in collaboration with team members and other stakeholders.
- Prepare and obtain Ethics Review Board and other applicable approvals.
- Coordinate with the procurement team for timely procurement of research equipment and consumables to ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Assist the finance team to prepare budgets and monitor project expenditures
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Provide significant input to grant applications and RFPs.
- Coordinate with external consultants as needed on projects.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures.
- Adhere to EHA Clinics code of conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with High Distinction. Master’s degree in public health, biological science, or a similar field from an accredited university will be an added advantage.
- Experience managing clinical trial projects or community research projects.
- Knowledge of good clinical practice will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years work experience as a project manager or coordinator, preferably in a national or international organization, is essential. Demonstrable proof of such experience is required prior to any interviews.
- A Project Management Professional, PMP, Certification will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite are desirable.
- Good documentation and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time as required.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
You are required to upload a CV/resume, cover letter, degree certificate, NYSC certificate of completion or exemption, and most recent payslip (3 months).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
EHA Clinics is a tobacco-free environment.
We believe strongly in our mission and our core values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
We are on a mission to deliver quality health care that is accessible, effective, and affordable. By leveraging technology and an exceptional team, we provide a superior experience, improved outcomes, and reduced pricing for our individual, family, and business members.
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: We deliver ever-increasing value and convenience to our customers and ensure they are treated with the utmost respect and service regardless of income or social status.
QUALITY: We strive to improve our customers’ health, families, and community. We will continuously improve our quality to provide health care services according to the best available science.
SAFETY: We ensure our staff are trained to perform their duties safely and reduce the spread of infections. Our facilities and processes are designed to ensure maximum safety for our customers.
STAFF ENGAGEMENT: We invest in the well-being, training, and development of our staff.
FINANCIAL STEWARDSHIP: We work to reduce waste and maximize value to our customers, investors, and partners.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.