Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a registered national Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with its head office in Kaduna. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government, and donors to provide sustainable community development services in the areas of conflict resolution, peacebuilding, economic empowerment, agriculture, health, Nutrition, education as well as governance
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Manager
Locations: Borno, Kaduna and Sokoto
Employment Type: Full-time
- Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN), a National Non-Governmental Organization, seeks a highly experienced, dynamic individual with solid records in development communication to manage its advocacy and communications efforts.
- As a senior team member at the organization’s headquarters, the Advocacy and Communications Manager will ensure effective communication with all internal and external program stakeholders.
- He/she will be responsible for directing and coordinating the organization’s overall advocacy and communications efforts, which involve building and maintaining an effective working relationship with partners, donors, and communities in emergency and development contexts.
- The Advocacy and Communications Manager will work with the program department to develop and implement advocacy strategies for the different projects implemented by the organization.
- Key Areas of Accountability:
- Lead in the development of Advocacy and Communications strategies in liaison with the Programme and Knowledge Management teams
- Provide communications-specific advice to Senior Management based on routine risk assessments in dynamic contexts.
- Guarantee that all required support related to Advocacy and Communications is provided promptly, at scale, and in line with best practices.
Media and Communications:
- Develop and implement communications strategies & work plans, campaigns, events, and other related initiatives.
- Maintain contact with donors and partners to implement communication activities within the agreed protocols and in line with donor requirements.
- Led the production of high-quality communication materials for different projects, such as success stories, fliers, banners, etc.
- Support in building the capacity of CCDRN Staff and its partners on documentation and communication of CCDRN’s thematic areas.
- Ensure that the branding and communication guidelines of the CCDRN are uniformly and consistently followed across projects and locations.
- Liaise with the state offices to ensure that all CCDRN communication materials are appropriately signed off, following specific guidelines before they are published for external use.
- Proactively produce high-quality, well-researched, and well-written products (in various mediums) reflective of the dual mandate portfolio, responding quickly and appropriately to external requests for information, especially in emergencies.
- Develop and deliver a clear and effective system for internal communications, including producing and disseminating monthly newsletters and other publications for internal stakeholders.
- Manage Media, Communications, and Advocacy teams; define expectations. Provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate reports regularly.
- Manage the organization’s social media handles by specific guidelines.
- Host the organization’swebsite per the specific guidelines and regularly upgrade content.
- Prepare and disseminate press releases, updates, photos features, or human-interest stories -primarily for distribution externally (e.g., to donors, the media, or other agencies)
- Maintain an up-to-date database of journalists and media organizations, respond to media inquiries on deadline, and build dialogue with individual journalists, editors, and newsdesks.
- Oversee the production of digital and multimedia communication content to promote different projects and activities.
- Lead the development and implementation of CCDRN’s advocacy strategy.
- Support program leadership in articulating top-priority advocacy objectives in line with new partnerships or projects
- Undertake a wide range of lobbying, communications, and other activities to inform and persuade policymakers, including donors and politicians, of the value of the CCDRN’s policy recommendations.
- Lead the development and implementation process of short- and long-term advocacy objectives and initiatives, encompassing various issues and audiences.
- Develop advocacy materials such as fact sheets, policy briefs, and position papers targeting policymakers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support program leadership and other program staff to achieve advocacy objectives. This should include guidelines on women and children’s meaningful and safe participation in advocacy.
- Ensure that advocacy priorities are integrated into appropriate strategy documents and plans.
- Develop advocacy messages for stakeholders, including policymakers across CCDRN projects and programs.
- Act as CCDRN’s spokesperson on advocacy issues where appropriate and take part in relevant national and state-level policy/advocacy fora
- Develop policy positions and advocacy messages to reach decision-makers in targeted communities.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Communication, Social Sciences, Development Communication, Journalism, Information Management, or a similar field
- Five years experience in advocacy, communications, and dissemination in the development setting with a good understanding of the current development and humanitarian trends and issues
- Proven experience in communicating information and advocacy with a wide range of different audiences
- Ability to review and edit reports and other written documentation for dissemination and publication
- Ability to collect information and undertake research under potentially difficult and constraining conditions
- Ability to present information and communication products to a range of different audiences
- Experience handling social media platforms and other media tools, e.g., photography, video, etc.
- Willingness to work and travel regularly in difficult circumstances and adhere to agreed-upon security procedures
- Substantial experience in an INGO environment, with experience in successfully leading the development and implementation of communication and advocacy strategies for a National or international humanitarian organization in Nigeria
- Demonstrable track record of leading change which has led to significant results for the organization and their stakeholders
- High interpersonal and communication skills, including influencing, negotiation, and coaching, and strong writing skills
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Experience in solving complex issues through analysis, the definition of a clear way forward, and ensuring buy-in
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single document in one email attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State it in the subject line of your mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourage women to apply.