The Kaduna State College of Nursing and Midwifery was established in 1956 as the School of Nursing, Kaduna.
The school was established to provide basic nursing education to meet the health needs of the region.
In 1961, the school was upgraded to a college of nursing, and in 1976, it was merged with the College of Health Technology to become the College of Nursing and Midwifery, Kaduna.
The college continued to offer nursing and midwifery programmes to train healthcare professionals to serve in the state and the country at large.
In 2017, the college was restructured and renamed as the Kaduna State College of Nursing and Midwifery to align with the state’s vision for healthcare development.
The college continues to provide quality education in nursing and midwifery and has produced many healthcare professionals who have made significant contributions to the healthcare industry in Nigeria.
Today, the college is one of the leading institutions in nursing and midwifery education in Nigeria and has a reputation for producing competent and compassionate healthcare professionals.
The Kaduna State College of Nursing and Midwifery offers various courses in nursing and midwifery at both the basic and post-basic levels. The courses offered include:
- Basic Nursing Programme – This is a three-year programme that leads to the award of Registered Nurse (RN) certificate. The programme is designed to provide students with a solid foundation in nursing practice and theory.
- Post-Basic Nursing Programme – The post-basic nursing programme is a one-year course for registered nurses who wish to specialize in different areas of nursing such as Perioperative Nursing, Ophthalmic Nursing, Paediatric Nursing, and others
- Midwifery Programme – This is a three-year programme that provides students with the knowledge and skills required to provide quality care to pregnant women, newborns, and their families.
The college also offers Continuing Education programmes, which include short courses, workshops, and seminars, to enhance the knowledge and skills of healthcare professionals in different areas of nursing and midwifery.
In addition to these programmes, the college offers a range of services to the community, including primary healthcare services, maternal and child healthcare, and health education and promotion.
The website of Kaduna State College of Nursing and Midwifery is http://www.conamkat.edu.ng/.
On the website, you can find information about the college, its programmes, admission requirements, and application procedures.
You can also find the latest news and events related to the college.
The website provides a platform for students, faculty members, and the general public to access relevant information about the college. You can also contact the college through the website if you have any inquiries or need assistance with your application.
To gain admission into the college, you must meet the following requirements:
- Basic Nursing Programme: You must have at least five credits in SSCE or NECO in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. The minimum age requirement is 17 years old.
- Post-Basic Nursing Programme: You must be a registered nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) and have at least one year of post-registration experience. In addition, you must possess five credits in SSCE or NECO in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and any other subject. The minimum age requirement is 18 years old.
- Midwifery Programme: You must have at least five credits in SSCE or NECO in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. The minimum age requirement is 17 years old.
Once you have met the requirements, you can obtain an application form from the college or its designated banks. The form must be completed and submitted with the required documents, including academic certificates, birth certificate, and a passport photograph.
After the submission of the form, you will be invited for an entrance examination, and if successful, you will be invited for an interview. If you pass both stages, you will be offered admission into the college.
Interested Candidates are to visit the College website at https://applications.kscnm.edu.ng and CLICK on “Apply Now” to fill the application form Thereafter click on Submit.
Applicants are advised to print the “Acknowledgement Slip” to know their application status.
WEBSITE OPENS: Monday, 15th May 2023
WEBSITE CLOSES: Midnight on Monday, 21st May 2023
Candidates will be invited for Entrance Exam and subsequent Oral Interview through the Telephone Number they provided in the Application Form. The Application Form is FREE